There are several way’s of doing it,
- Graphically through the control panel (didn’t worked without internet connection).
- Downloading it and installing from the web. Somehow, that didn’t worked either for me.
- PoweShell –> that worked!
- in windows 8,8.1,10 start screen search option type PowerShell
- Right click on it and run as administrator.
- Simply mount the Windows 8/8.1/10 iso, or plug in the usb key drive and type in the following in a elevated powershell prompt :
Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName 'NetFx3' -Source "D:sourcessxs"
where Drive letter ‘D’ is your mounted drive /windows installation media drive.
Within 1-2 minutes installation will be completed.